Wacky yet wise, Morgan and Isabel help Colie see herself in a new way and realize the potential that has been there all along.
Sarah Dessen's third novel is better than a Cinderella story--unlike a fairy tale, it COULD happen. To YOU.
What i thought:First of all, i have to say, this is my least favorite out of all of Sarah Dessen's books. I thought that the story did NOT flow very well, and I got really bored throughout the story, so bored that i had to put the book down repeatedly, as my mind would continue to WANDER and WANDER and WANDER. . . i think you get it.
For another thing, I just didnt like the overall story:
- Fat girl not so fat any more; mom goes away as Kiki Sparks, newly-thin infomercial star
- Not so fat anymore fat girl goes to live with eccentric aunt, Mira, for the summer
- Colie (the previously mentioned not so fat anymore fat girl) is a total bitch to sweet Norman--who i personally loved since they mentioned him in the beggining of the book
- Colie is totally unconfident, but not in a way that i could relate to. More in a pathetic, annoying way, that made me want to scream, rather then help her.
- Colie is so stupid throughout the entire story: she in always negative, falling within herself, even when she had reasons to be happy or positive.
- Colie finally lets herself get to know Norman and obviously likes him, and he OBVIOUSLY likes her, too, but she wont even listen to her own heart or let herself relish in the happy tingly feelings she gets when she sees him
- The not-so-resolving/not-so-great ending
One word to describe this book: Blech
One to ten rating (one being horrid, ten being amazing): 5
What i say to you: Dont bother; its a waiste of time. Read Dessen's other novels, especially The Truth About Forever, Just Listen, and This Lullaby.
Basically what im saying is this: If you have read Sarah Dessen's other books, and loved them. . . dont waiste your time reading this one, because you assume its going to be just as good as the others. If you HAVENT read Sarah Dessen's other books, but hear they are great, and pick this one to start. . . well, your screwed. Sorry, guys, i know i shouldnt have even BOTHERED posting about a book i dislike to much. . . but i needed to say SOMETHING about it.
If you do read this book, or already have, and like it. . . well all i can say is this: Wow.Added on January 18th, 2009 at 9:18 PM: I guess this book wasnt TOTALLY horrible. . i was sort of being harsh (thanks Hope! hehe). . . i suppose i was just a tad upset about the fact that this book was nothing like i thought it would be. . . yeah. Well, anyway, give it a try. Its a 50 50 chance you'll like it. . .
Well, anyway, i guess this book is allright
POSTED BY THE TruNerd